CalHospitalCompare.org is a project of the California HealthCare Foundation (CHCF) that is funded as part of its commitment to provide consumers and the health care industry with relevant, reliable information to help improve the quality of medical care in the state.
I. Use of this Site.
The Information (as defined in Section II below) on this Site is provided to you as a resource to consider in making hospital choices, and is not intended to be the only or primary means for your evaluation of the quality of health care providers. It is not intended in any way to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment, nor is it intended to be relied upon as advice, or a recommendation, or an endorsement about which health care providers to use. Because CHCF does not guarantee that the data are complete, up to date, or accurate, you should confirm the completeness and accuracy of the data with any health care provider that you choose. Any conclusions contained in the Information are in the nature of opinions based upon historical data or practices but should not be considered as any representation or warranty that such data or practices are accurate or will continue to be so in the future. The Information has not been verified by CHCF and you are solely responsible for any and all decisions or actions with respect to your medical treatment. Neither CHCF nor its suppliers are responsible for the quality of the medical treatment that you receive from any health care provider.
All of the information on this Site, including, without limitation, the data, information, logos, designs, and text ("Information") are solely owned by CHCF, its licensors, health care providers, or other third parties, and are protected by copyright, trademark, patent, or trade secret laws. You may use the Information for your personal use only and not for commercial purposes. You may print, download, and store Information, but you may not distribute, republish, sell, exploit, duplicate, modify, or create derivative works of the Information without the prior written approval of the board of the California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART and CHCF). To request approval, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IV. Linking To This Web Site.
If you maintain your own Web site, you may link to this Site, provided that you adhere to the following rules:
- The link must be a text-only link clearly marked "www.CalHospitalCompare.org" or you may use an approved graphical banner available on the Site.
- The link must "point" to www.CalHospitalCompare.Org and not to other pages within the Site.
- The appearance, position, and other aspects of the link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with CHCF's good name and trademarks.
- The appearance, position, and other aspects of the link may not create the false impression that an entity is associated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by CHCF.
- The link, when activated by a user, must display the Site full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linking Web site and linking may not trigger any interstitial or pop-up or pop-under windows.
- The link may not be used in connection with or appear on a Web site that a reasonable person might consider offensive, obscene, defamatory, or otherwise malicious.
- CHCF reserves the right to revoke consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion. If CHCF revokes such consent, you agree to immediately remove and disable any and all of your links to the Site.
V. Disclaimer of Warranties.
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND FOR USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER CHCF NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE INFORMATION, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND CHCF AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE INFORMATION WILL BE NON-INFRINGING, RELIABLE, CURRENT, COMPLETE, ACCURATE, OR MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY MEDICAL TREATMENT THAT YOU RECEIVE FROM YOUR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER WILL BE EFFECTIVE, APPROPRIATE, SATISFACTORY, OR COMPETENTLY RENDERED. You may have additional consumer rights under local laws.
THE INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED IN ANY WAY TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, NOR RELIED UPON FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH PROVIDER WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE REGARDING A MEDICAL CONDITION. FURTHERMORE, IT IS NOT intended to be relied upon as advice, or a recommendation, or an endorsement about what health care providers to use. NEVER DISREGARD MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY IN SEEKING IT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING CONTAINED IN THE INFORMATION! IN AN EMERGENCY CALL 911 OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE NUMBER.
VI. Limitation of Liability.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT UNDER THE LAW: NEITHER CHCF NOR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF OBLIGATIONS OR ANY OTHER CLAIM, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE OR CONTRACT, INACCURACIES, OR INCOMPLETENESS, EVEN IF CHCF HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM OF BREACH OF CONTRACT OR ANY DUTY THAT CHCF OR ITS SUPPLIERS MIGHT HAVE TO YOU, IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND THIS SITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
VII. Injunctive Relief.
X. Governing Law and General Provisions.